Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Alrighty then...


Hi there ! As you may have noticed, I'm a guy who read the Twilight Series and fell in love with it ( shocking I know )!

It all started in last summer while I was in summer school. I was bored out of my mind so I went to a DVD Store to pick up some movies to kill some time. I saw a movie called "Twilight" which I bought immidiately because there were vampires in it.hehe..
Anyways..
I watched it...then re-watched it...and re-watched because to me the movie was vague.. There were scenes I didn't understand and couldn't relate or find a connection.
Then I learned that It was a movie from a book. As I said before.. I had plenty of time to kill... I thought " What the hell? " and bought the sucker..

1 day... I read it in 1 day...( which after reading I concluded that the movie sucked ass ) I slept over it.. Went to the bookstore and bought all 3 books... Read them on 3 days... ( all of 'em ) .. Basicly my whole goddamn summer was spent on books.. Oh yes.. I read them again and again and again and again...

Being a guy that I am.. I questioned myself.. I mean WTF is wrong with me reading YA novel about a love triangle?
The thing is what shocked me the most that I enjoyed the fuck out of it. And I'm not ashamed. YA is definitely not my forte. I don't know what drew me in.. The way S.M. wrote it ? The plot ? The characters ? I still don't know.. But I freaking loved it !

Anyways.. I stumbled upon fanfic by accident. The first thing I read was "Wide Awake" by AngstGoddess. It blew my away.. I'm not gonna say that it was literary or structural or any mambo jambo because frankly I don't know shit about it.

Anyway I'm rambling.. Yeah I do that a lot..

So to sum up... I know its rare a guy to read let alone love Twilight Series.. Plus if you add Fanfiction to it.. Almost everytime I get the same reaction :" OMG ! You're a guy ? "

And frankly.. I enjoy that a lot. I like being different.I love hanging on to something that I love, even if it is rare. And I'm able to share it with other people who loves the same thing as I do.

Anyway.. I probably addres the "guy" issue later on...

O.K. This was my first blog..thingy..whatever it is called..

In this blog I will rec my favorite fictions and If they agree.. maybe I can interview a few authors.. Maybe GUYS !! who knows..

Until then...

Buzzkill

6 comments:

Thats What She Said said...

Yay and welcome to the blogging world!!! Off to a great start!

I hear you on the Twilight movie!!

Can't wait to read your recs and interviews!!

Robrator said...

oooh love it mate....were all beComing blog-h00rs!!!

Buzzkill said...

Oh yeah... its addicting

MrsDuckyFuzzles said...

haa it took me two days to read the entire saga. that's keeping in mind that i'm a teen in school studying for her Exams. yeah, before you ask i WAS reading it at every given oppertunity. heyyy i want to blog my funny twilight introduction story. could i do that on here or is this strictly your stuffs only? i swear it really shows an incite into why im so fangirly.

Buzzkill said...

Lol. I don't mind at all. Please be my guest .

MrsDuckyFuzzles said...

oh im not in the mood now XP catch me in a better mood lol. hey heres me shamelessly promoting my fics XD have you read any of them?
The Heat, To Become A Mother, Natural Fisher and I Deny Heaven ??

you should lol. ask for a link if you're interested. yes i know shameless.

Post a Comment

About This Site

I'm a guy that reads Twiligt & Fanfiction. This is the place where I'll recommend the stories that I like.