Wednesday, February 17, 2010

First Rec. "Brave" by Sunking

Hi there !

My first rec will be "Brave" by Sunking..

"Edward has suffered anxiety attacks for as long as he can remember. When new girl Bella arrives, he finds that she inspires a calm he's never known. As she helps to bring him out of his shell, he finds courage he never knew he had."

The summary says it all... You know what ? Thats a thing I don't get. In my opinion, a summary should draw you in.. You should get a feeling that you HAVE to read it. So kudos on the summary Sunking ! ( Here I am giving props like I'm some kind of a freaking fanfic. authority.. Moving on ! )

This story is beyond awesome. It's a pretty short story with 5 chapters but don't let that fool you. What I like about this fiction is in this one, Bella is really a heroine. The kind of Bella I would like to see more. Not a whiny, insecure, "I'm not good enough for him" Bella. She is patient, strong,passionate and knows what she wants.

Enter Edward.. He has anxiety attacks and is a bit different from the Edwards we know. I really don't want to give much about story and ruin your fun so I'll stop here.

What I'm going to say is, Read it, Rec. it and enjoy a brilliant story written by a brilliant author.

The whole story is in Edward's POV. But if you want to read what is going on in Bella's mind, the author blessed us with " Catch Your Fall ". All Bella POV.

Again, If that isn't enough for you ( as that was the case for me ) there is a 3rd part of the story called " Brave:Tomorrow ".

Author's FFn page : http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1820443/SunKing
Fiction link : http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5251649/1/Brave

The author ( Sunking ) published her book called " The Kingdom ". I ordered it and hopefully will be able to read it in 10 days.

If you want to check it, please go to : http://www.rioghanskingdom.com/

Until then

Buzzkill

2 comments:

Thats What She Said said...

Brilliant first rec!! I fangirl over everything this girl writes!! Emotion, depth, story.... Everything!!!
It's slight heartfail but done in an awesome way, and getting BPov in CYF and then the future of Brave is brilliant!!

Great going! Can't wait for more recs!

Buzzkill said...

I forgot to mention it in my post but What I love about Brave is Bella's belief in Edward. I really don't want to reveal much but Bella's e-mails are just magnificent. And the depth..brilliant.

Post a Comment

About This Site

I'm a guy that reads Twiligt & Fanfiction. This is the place where I'll recommend the stories that I like.